|View of the RI’s 208th Annual Exhibition September 2020|
Features of the exhibition sind:
- It is open to each International and British artists over 18 years of age.
- This Exhibition gives
- a number of prizes and awards (see under)
- the prospect to have your work seen alongside paintings by RI members
- the chance to exhibit at a prestigious gallery in the center of London
- have your work seen by very many guests – some of whom commonly however artwork
Below you can find:
- Call for Entries 2021 unpicked
- concerning the exhibition
- phrases and circumstances
- who can submit an entry
- what type of paintings may be submitted
- Prizes & Awards – The exhibition consists of a number of prizes and awards, open to all taking part artists
- Summary of RI History and key metrics from the 2019 exhibition (see Pricing a Watercolour & RI Annual Exhibition Metrics)
- a quick assessment of the historical past of the RI
- exhibition metrics for the final exhibition in 2019 – which offers a really stable cause why that is an exhibition price exhibiting in – and on the identical time offers some very clear steerage on pricing.
Summary of Key Dates for Artists submitting an Open Entry
Diese sind the important thing dates for all these wishing to submit work to this open exhibition. More particulars under.
- Submission closes: Freitag 5 Februar 2021
- Selection notification: Friday 19 February 2021, 12 midday [Log in to see if your work has been pre-selected]
- Receiving Day: Saturday 13 and Sunday 14th March 2021, 10am – 5pm
- Vorführung: Thursday 1 – fifteenth April, 11am to 5pm
Aufforderung zur Einreichung von Beiträgen
You can discover particulars of the Call for Entries for the exhibition in 2021 in two locations:
New for 2021 – Digital Selection Only
To make the method of submitting and deciding on work easier and safer, the Society will choose works for exhibition from on-line solely this yr.
Wie das funktioniert:
- Selectors will make an evaluation of every work based mostly on the digital pictures equipped,
- Selected artists should ship their accepted work to Mall Galleries for exhibition.
- Acceptable media: Watercolour or water-soluble mediums together with watercolour, acrylic, ink or gouache (excluding water-soluble oils) painted on paper or paper based mostly help.
- Nummer: You can submit a most of six works – of which a most of 4 works chosen. Typically it is candidates for membership who submit a big quantity of work. Note the metrics summarised above re the quantity prone to be chosen from these submitting through the open.
- Medien: Artwork in watercolour or water-soluble mediums, together with watercolour, acrylic, ink or gouache (excluding water-soluble oils) are eligible for exhibition.
- Unterstützung: MUST be painted or a paper or paper-based help (I nonetheless suppose they need to additionally embody vellum which is a really conventional help for watercolour portray)
- Größe: Works should not be bigger than 2.4m excessive and 1.5m vast. (NOTE: There is not any minimal dimension!)
- Alter: Works will need to have been accomplished inside the final two years
- Vorführung: Works ought to NOT have been beforehand proven in London.
- Preis : The minimal worth is £350 (to incorporate fee @ 45% + VAT).
- Loggen Sie sich in die Open Exhibition Entry web site
- Complete the shape, pay the payment and add pictures of work and submit your entry ONLINE previous to the deadline (Friday 5 February 2021, 12 midday).
- [Note: Images must be in JPEG format and under 5MB]
- The selectors’ selections are ultimate and no suggestions is obtainable.
- Notification of Selection: Friday 19 February 2021, 12 midday [Log in to https://mallgalleries.oess.uk to see if your work has been pre-selected]
- Deliver chosen work to Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD – Saturday 13 and Sunday 14th March 2021, 10am – 5pm
- Vorführung: 1st – fifteenth April 2021 (Note: exhibition is closed all day on Easter Sunday, 4 April)
- Collection of unsold work: Thursday 22 and Friday twenty third April, 10am to 5pm
Preise und Auszeichnungen
There are many prizes and awards – open to each members and open entrants – together with:
- Der Winsor & Newton Award: £3,000
- Der Winsor & Newton Product Prize: £1,000 price of Winsor & Newton artwork supplies
- The Leathersellers’ Prize: £1,000 awarded by The Worshipful Company of Leathersellers to an artist aged between 18 and 30 years outdated
- The President’s Choice Award: An award of £750 for probably the most deserving work in the exhibition, donated by a member of the Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours (RI) and judged by the President of the RI, Rosa Sepple
- The Baohong Artists’ Watercolour Paper Prizes: Two prizes of £250 every, awarded to a member and non-member for excellence
- The Chaoshan Watercolour Award: £250 awarded by Chinese artist, Professor Li Xiaocheng, for the most effective classically impressed watercolour
Member Memorial Awards (Cash)
- The James Fletcher-Watson RI Memorial Award: £500 for the most effective use of watercolour in the exhibition
- Der Matt Bruce RI Memorial Award: An award of £500 for what is taken into account probably the most excellent use of mild and color in a watercolour
- The Richard Plincke RI Prize for Colour: An award of £250 for artistic use of color
Art Publication Awards
- The Dry Red Press Award: The profitable work can be revealed as a greeting card in the Dry Red Press ‘Prize Winners’ vary, with royalties from the sale of the playing cards going to the artist
Art Materials Awards
- The Cass Art Prize: A prize of £200 of artwork provides from Cass Art, awarded to a piece demonstrating probably the most modern use of color
- The Schmincke Prize: A Horadam Aquarell Artists’ Watercolours set to an impressive exhibitor.
- The John Purcell Paper Prize: Paper to the worth of £100 awarded to a piece chosen by John Purcell
- The Frank Herring Easel Award: An easel introduced for an impressive work in the exhibition by Frank Herring & Sons
- The Escoda Barcelona Award: A set of Escoda’s best brushes for an impressive panorama portray
- The Anthony J Lester Art Critic Award: A certificates of commendation for an impressive work chosen by the artwork critic and broadcaster Anthony J Lester
- The Debra Manifold RI Memorial Award: Presented by the Linda Blackstone Gallery, an award for probably the most modern work in the exhibition
- The Megan Fitzoliver Brush Award: A trophy, named The Pipe Fish, awarded for a piece that the majority conjures up a reference to the pure world
Artists from exterior the UK could have to register for VAT, please examine with HM Revenue and Customs: https://www.gov.uk
Artists sending work from overseas ought to use an image service. Many artists use Picture Post as they provide a packing and supply service for our exhibitions (we don’t settle for any legal responsibility for his or her providers). Picture Post – Tel: 0044 (0)1302 711011 / Mobile: 07833 450788 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pricing for the RI Exhibition
I’m not highlighting gross sales and costs in 2020 as a result of it has been such an odd yr. Instead I’m referencing the final ‘regular’ yr.
Those submitting work for the 2021 exhibition would do effectively to maintain the profile of this chart in thoughts when filling in their costs on the submission kind.
- should you’re portray small and pricing above £1,000 you higher be sure you might have a monitor document
- should you’re portray bigger work you have to have a jolly good cause to cost above £2,000 – and that features members.
I anticipate to see artists being wise and never foolish and pricing at a degree which they know their work promote at.
Otherwise you are depriving wallspace from someone who might paint an equally good portray AND promote it!
About the Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours
The RI began as a bunch, referred to as the New Society of Painters in Water Colours, who broke away from the Royal Watercolour Society (RWS) in 1807. The latter had damaged away from the Royal Academy of Arts because of its failure to think about watercolour portray as a critical medium.
- The RI, below no matter identify, has at all times proven the work of non-members alongside that of members.
- This implies that from the very first choice of an paintings for the exhibition, it is having to be hung alongside work by members – and therefore it must be an excellent customary!
ARCHIVE: RI Annual Exhibition 2007-2018
20182017201620152014The objective of this video is not to present you an in-depth view of all of the work a lot as to present you:an thought of the general dimension of the exhibitiona notion of how massive the work are that get chosen through the open entrya view of the work that have been chosen this yr
This exhibition has at all times been very fashionable with the provincial artwork societies whose members arrive in droves – on coaches!